Parcel Weight Calculator & Packing Tips
We take our duty of care very seriously but as next day deliveries are multi-handled through our nationwide network, it’s always important to pack your parcels well to ensure they arrive in perfect condition.
- Always use strong, good quality boxes or packaging materials.
- When reusing old boxes or packaging always remove old labels.
- Always use the correct sized box for your items – if the box is too large it could collapse; too small and it may burst during transit.
- Pack items in the centre of your box, using plenty of cushioning such as bubble wrap or shredded paper to prevent movement during transit.
- Attractively packaged gifts usually require additional packaging for protection.
- Liquids, semi-liquids, powders and strong smelling substances should be sealed in leak-proof containers, then wrapped in plastic and held upright in a strong box labelled with ‘arrow up’ signs.
- Always wrap sharp items securely, to protect them from sticking through packaging materials.
- Always strong packaging tape or a strapping machine to secure parcels, as domestic sticky tape isn’t strong enough.
- Write all labels clearly (using capitals) and never cover them up with tape or film.
- Include both address and sender details inside your parcel so that even if the outer label is lost or damaged we can still make your delivery.